I moved out of my family home when I was 18, so that's like 5 years ago? And I must admit things have changed a little. Although I would say that my brothers, sister and I were self sufficient from a very young age, there were a few things that I had to get used to (like the bed fairy making my bed). So after a bit of research, I found these 12 common things you will do when you start to realise that you are an adult.
1. You start to pay bills that you never thought existed
Errr why is Council Tax so expensive? And why do I have to pay Rates? Life is all about bills, bills, bills!
2. You start to realise that life is extremely expensive
TV licence, phone contracts, internet connection, running a car, buying a house... all this stuff really does add up! Why couldn't everything be half priced or for free? I wish.
3. You don’t get upset if someone doesn’t like youThis is something that I think most people can relate to. I remember as a child/young teen I used to get really upset if someone didn't like me at school, but now, I couldn't care less. #HatersAreGoingToHate.
4. You start to understand that the tax man is Satan
Don’t you just dream about the holidays you could buy with your own tax money? I certainly do. It is so depressing looking at the amount of deductions I have on each pay day!
5. You have a few accomplishments underneath your belt
Whether it be a university degree, a promotion at work or gaining experience, getting a few accomplishments underneath your belt is a pretty good feeling. I would have to say that my recent accomplishment were going on The Gadget Show and being a finalist in the UK Blog Awards (you can check these two posts if you want to: The Gadget Show, UK Blog Awards).
6. You start to take care of your body
When I was a kid, eating a couple of chocolate bars and a packet of crisps a day used to not touch the sides. But eating that sort of stuff now makes me feel incredibly ill (and not to mention adding on the pounds around my thighs). I wouldn’t say that I watch everything that I eat, but I certainly do eat much cleaner and exercise a lot more than I did.
|Above: check out my recent fitness post by clicking onto the thumbnail|
7. If you’re hungry, you have to buy it and then make it
Eugh, why couldn’t there be a Food Fairy that stocks the fridge and cooks your food? There's nothing worse than chilling on the sofa, feeling hungry, and then having to get up to make something.
8. Staying up late is a terrible idea
Especially when you have work in the morning! I tend to find that if I go to bed late, my whole day at work just drags. Someone please get me one of these duvets below?
9. You start to live for the weekends
10. You start getting the odd wrinkle, grey hair maybe…
Luckily I am yet to find my first grey hair and wrinkle, but how many of you have found yours already?
11. Singing High School Musical (or any equivalent) become publically unacceptable
Sometimes you just want to burst into song in public, but being caught listening to S Club 7 or High School Musical in public may be a little awkward.
12. You turn into a bit of a neat freak
Don't know about you, but I absolutely hate it when there is clutter on my kitchen units (if I had my way the kettle and toaster would be hidden in a drawer).
When did you realise that you were an adult?
Don't forget to check out some of my new YouTube Videos
Eltoria- South West Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blogger and South West YouTuber