The leaves are turning, the air is crisp and the jumpers are out- well it must be AUTUMN! Autumn is definitely my favourite season where I also think it's about the right time to ditch your summer hair into a new refreshed look. This year auburn/chocolate brown is in, and ombre is out, so let's take a look into some of those Autumn shades.
|Top left: Auburn down to Bottom Right: Chocolate Brown|
Have a play with your hair colour- you can be brave and go 'ultra auburn' or play it safe with a gorgeous chocolate brown. Here are some tips on how to keep those red tones locked into the hair:
- After colouring wait 24-48 hours to lock it in further.
- Cold water helps seal the cuticle of the hair whereas warm open the cuticle. Try rinsing your hair off in cold water.
- Use colour safe shampoos and conditioners
- Use a glaze (ie: serums) to keep your red look shiny.
- Apply natural ingredients such as carrot and beetroot juice onto damp hair then (weather permitting) sit in the sun for an hour.
- If you are going light blonde to auburn, you may need need to take a few trips to the salon to get the desired deep auburn look. If not, rock a lighter strawberry blonde shade.
So today I went to Escape Hair Salon, Calne, and got my red/chocolate brown shade and I love it!
Credits: Kiera at Escape Beauty Salon, Calne, England.
What will your hair colour be this Autumn?